Personal Care Assistant
Provide non-medical, in-home personal care services and companion care services to clients. Provides for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and / or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Must possess current Georgia License as either a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Certified Nurse Aide; Personal Care Aide; or have experience assisting the elderly and successfully complete any state mandated training.
Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided. Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities by being able to give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- High moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Strong social perceptiveness by being aware of other’s reactions and understanding why they may react as they do.
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.
- Must be able to work a 30 mile radius from where you live.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands:
The work requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients in transfer activities and ambulation, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear, reach, kneel, and crouch. Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required.
- Performs duties as assigned on the Client Service Plan.
- Assists the client with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care tasks including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, ambulation and transfers, proper nutrition, home management, housekeeping tasks, and medically related activities, including the taking of vital signs only in conjunction with the above tasks.
- Assists the client with companion services by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved companion tasks including, but not limited to: transport and escort services, meal preparation and serving, and household tasks essential to cleanliness and safety.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications if specified on the Client Service Plan.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.